(2016-2018) The Director of Chinese curriculum for the British Schools Foundation (BSF)
- Written a full Chinese curriculum (Years 1 to 13 including three pathways - Chinese as First Language, Chinese as Second Language and Chinese as Modern Foreign Language).
- Written schemes of work and assessment papers for BSF schools to support the curriculum.
- Assured the quality of Chinese teaching and learning for the group of schools.
- Visited BSF schools yearly and conducted teacher training, based on their needs.
Trainer, examiner and consultant for Cambridge Assessment International Education
- Delivered IGCSE Chinese (0547, 0523, 0509) introductory and extension training in Beijing, Jakarta and Bangkok.
- Marked IGCSE Chinese exam papers.
- Provided consultancies for Cambridge Assessment International Education, such as moderated a Discussion Group for IGCSE Chinese 0547, 0523, 0509, advised on updating the Chinese IGCSE syllabi, wrote schemes of work for 0523 and 0509 etc.
13 years of experiences as the Head of Chinese department for Harrow International School Beijing and British School of Beijing (BSB)
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chinese Language and Literature, Inner Mongolia Normal University, 1996.
- Cambridge Assessment International Education accredited trainer.
- Teachers’ certificate for Advanced Education, Mandarin, from the Chinese Government.
- Level 3 certificate (trainer in the use of Interactive Whiteboards) from the Promethean Company UK.
- Level 1 (top level) certificate for my standard of Mandarin speaking from the Chinese Government.
- Certified to teach in Public Schools in China.
- Certified to teach in Montessori Schools in China.